STORE PICK UP ORDERS WILL BE READY 12PM OF NEXT BUSINESS DAY.

Familia Zuccardi 'Finca Piedra Infinita', Altamira, Argentina 2016

BIN ENDS ONCE DAILY FEATURE:
$132 FOR 1/750 ML BTL SAVE 20% COMPARE AT $165.

ORDER 1+ BOTTLES; DISCOUNT TABULATES AUTOMATICALLY TO $132.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW:
The Zuccardi Winery is the crown jewel of an Argentinian family dynasty that started with the establishment of the Santa Julia Winery in Mendoza in 1963 by Alberto Zuccardi. Santa Julia based its enormous success on the production of the highest quality wines made in harmony with the environment and with reverence to the rich terroir of Mendoza. 


Third-generation owner and winemaker Sebastián Zuccardi, dubbed a "terroir-ist" by Wine Advocate, spearheaded the construction of the winery bearing the family name in the Uco Valley; it is here that he has built upon the family tradition and crafted some of the most prolific wines that have come out of Mendoza. Why? He knows not to interfere with the gifts that nature has bestowed on his vineyards. He takes a non-interventionist approach to his craft, creating wines that are decadent reflections of this sun-drenched land.

Today's wine is a spectacularly opulent yet elegant tribute to the viticultural gifts of the Uco Valley. It is sourced entirely from the Finca (Vineyard) Piedra Infinita in Paraje Altamira, La Consulta, which sits at an altitude of 3600 feet and has soil comprised of alluvial deposits, gravel and calcium carbonate. 

Sebastián Zuccardi has indicated that the 2016 harvest, was a cold vintage with a long maturation process and low yields. In this way, the fruits obtained were not only of high quality but also retained a very unique freshness. Based upon the extraordinary quality of the fruit, 30% of the wine was aged in used 500-liter oak barrels and the remaining 70% in concrete basins. Just over 500 cases were produced. 
 
PRODUCT REVIEWS:
100 points, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
"I was blown away by the 2016 Finca Piedra Infinita, a wine I have been anticipating because I’ve seen the progression of the wine over the last few years. They use almost 40 different components to make this wine from small plots within the vineyard, especially the soils they call "supercalcáreo" (super limestone). The other type of soil they use is what they call "gravas calcáreas" (limestone gravels), and they don’t use any of the grapes from the deeper soils that go into the Q range. The wine has reached a stratospheric level of precision, symmetry and elegance in 2016 that is really captivating. Everything seems to be in its place; there is great harmony, the aromatics are clean and pure and the texture is like liquid chalk. There is power and elegance, energy and finesse. This is a really outstanding wine that summarizes the hard work at Zuccardi in the last few years. Bravo!"

PRODUCT DETAILS:
Producer Name: Familia Zuccardi
Old/New World: New World
Country of Origin: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Sub-Region: Uco Valley
Appellation: Altimira
Village/Vineyard/Climat: Finca Piedra Infinita
Grape Varietals: Malbec 100%
Vintage: 2016
Product Type: Wine
Wine Style: Full-Bodied Red
Winemaker: Sebastien Zuccardi
ABV: 14.0%
Pack/Size: 3/750 ml
Container Type: Dark Green Extra Heavy Bordeaux-style Bottle
Closure Style: Natural Cork



Related Items